Aaj English TV

Saturday, June 22, 2024  
15 Dhul-Hijjah 1445  

Bahawalnagar incident not a big issue: Naqvi

Adds that action against overbilling has already started in Lahore
What action will be taken on Bahawalnagar incident? Federal Interior Minister statement came out

Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi has said that the Bahawalnagar incident should not be considered a major issue.

Speaking at a press conference in Lahore on Monday, Naqvi said even brothers residing in the same house can fight sometimes and the matter should not be blown out of proportion.

He also said that the evidence emerging from Amir Tamba’s murder investigation was “clearly pointing” to India’s involvement.

Naqvi also said that India had been involved in four other murders on Pakistani soil before Amir Tamba as well.

He added that the campaign against overbilling will not stop despite pressure on the Federal Investigation Agency.

Naqvi said that FIA’s director general is under immense pressure over the campaign but it will not stop under any condition.

He added that 830 million units had been overbilled in Lahore alone and even poor people who consumed only 300 units were affected.

Also, read this

Pakistan army issues statement on Bahawalnagar incident, launches joint inquiry

Punjab constitutes JIT to investigate Bahawalnagar incident

Naqvi said that action has already been started in Lahore circle and will soon be carried to other circles as well. He said that the campaign will be extended to the entire country.

The minister added that he could not speak for the past but there would be no pressure on FIA from now on.

He also added that several laws in the country are in the process of being amended,

Naqvi also said that people have to wait hours at airports across the country which should not happen.

For the latest news, follow us on Twitter @Aaj_Urdu. We are also on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.

FIA

bahawalnagar

Mohsin Naqvi

Ministry of Interior

Bahwalnagar incident