Iran rebuilding military industrial base faster than expected: CNN
2 min readIran has already restarted some of its drone production during the six-week ceasefire that began in early April, CNN reported on Thursday, citing two sources familiar with US intelligence assessments.
US intelligence indicates Iran’s military is rebuilding much faster than initially estimated, the report added, citing four sources.
Reuters could not immediately verify the report.
US intelligence assessments indicate that Iran has restarted drone production and is reconstituting its military far faster than previously estimated, sources told CNN.
The developments come during a six-week ceasefire that began in early April, following heavy US-Israeli strikes.
According to four sources familiar with the intelligence, Iran is quickly restoring missile sites, launchers, and production capacity for key weapons systems, meaning the country could pose a significant threat to regional allies if hostilities resume.
Some estimates suggest Iran could fully restore its drone attack capability within six months.
“The Iranians have exceeded all timelines the IC had for reconstitution,” a US official said.
Iran’s rapid recovery has been aided by factors including support from China and Russia, as well as the fact that previous strikes did not inflict the level of long-term damage anticipated, sources said.
China has reportedly continued supplying components usable in missile production, though this has been partially curtailed by the US blockade — a claim denied by Beijing.
Despite the damage, Iran retains ballistic missiles, drones, and anti-air capabilities.
US intelligence shows that roughly two-thirds of Iran’s missile launchers survived the strikes, and about half of its drone fleet remains operational.
Coastal defence cruise missiles also remain largely intact, allowing Iran to continue threatening shipping in the Strait of Hormuz.
Pentagon spokesperson Sean Parnell emphasised that the US military remains fully capable of protecting its interests, while CENTCOM commander Adm. Brad Cooper testified that strikes had destroyed 90% of Iran’s defence industrial base.
However, US intelligence assessments suggest the damage may only delay Iran’s rebuilding by months rather than years, with parts of its defence industry still intact.
Taken together, the intelligence indicates that while the war has degraded Iran’s military, the country is proving capable of quickly restoring critical capabilities.
For the latest news, follow us on Twitter @Aaj_Urdu. We are also on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.




















