Aaj English TV

Wednesday, May 22, 2024  
13 Dhul-Qadah 1445  

Bilawal calls for ‘Charter of Reconciliation’ among all political parties

PPP chief warns of dictatorship if politicians do not focus on national reconciliation
Chairman PPP Bilawal Bhutto address to the Jalsa in Larkana - Aaj News

PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has said that all politicians and political parties should work on a ‘Charter of National Reconciliation’ to avoid fighting with each other and shun politics of foul language.

“Rather than playing dharna dharna, we should sit on the table and have a political dialogue to bring improvement in our system, democracy, and institutions through amendments,” he said while addressing a large crowd in Garhi Khuda Bakhsh, Sindh on Sunday.

The PPP chief’s recommendation comes as the newly formed alliance of opposition parties Tehreek Tahafuz-e-Aain will launch a massive movement.

This alliance kicked off its protest movement against alleged rigging in the February 8 general elections from Balochistan by staging two separate public gatherings in Pishin and Chaman on Saturday.

Without naming the multi-party confab, Bilawal described it as the “PNA (Pakistan National Alliance) 2” and added that the alliance was beating drums for alleged vote-rigging to cause “economic and political instability.”

He reminded the parties of the result of such movements, warning them of the risk of dictatorship in the country.

“When Zulfikar Ali Bhutto was the PM of this country, some conspirators like ‘nine stars’ started a campaign and thought that they would oust Bhutto and come into power. But because of their campaign Pakistan had to bear dictatorship for 10 years and this risk exists today,” he said while addressing a large crowd in Garhi Khuda Bakhsh, Sindh on Sunday.

The country would not develop and democracy would be at the receiving end if politicians make such an environment and not focus on national reconciliation and are involved in politics of bad-mouthing.

While advising the politicians to “come to their senses”, he called for dialogue between political parties. The PPP chief added that the party would try to provide relief to the people in the provinces ruled by them.

He also mentioned about the ‘Charter of Democracy’, saying that the party achieved 90% of its target under the agreement. The remaining 10 per cent was related to the judicial reforms, he said and hoped to do it with all parties, legal fraternity, and civil society.

Bilawal called for reviving people’s trust in the national institutions. Every worker of the PPP wants the implementation of the charter of democracy, he said.

President Asif Ali Zardari also addressed the people. He shunned the impression that Pakistan was a poor country and blamed the “thinking, understanding and softheaded” of ’Babus in Islamabad“.

Also, read this

US stands with Pakistan in fight against terrorism, envoy Blome tells President Zardari

Bilawal sees legal trouble for President Alvi over ‘violation of Constitution’

He said that such thinking has made Pakistan a poor state, reiterating that the country was not poor.

The country has everything, but lacks intellectual capacity, Zardari said and called for sitting together. “What is in power? Power is about people’s service and we fight for it,” he said and stressed the need for dialogue.

“If you cannot come to that point then withdraw. The PPP for the past 40 years have been fighting. Sometimes it withdraws, advances, sidesteps and takes a front step,” the president said and called for thinking before taking any step.

For the latest news, follow us on Twitter @Aaj_Urdu. We are also on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.

Asif Ali Zardari

PPP

Bilawal Bhutto Zardari