Aaj English TV

Monday, May 20, 2024  
11 Dhul-Qadah 1445  

Pakistan FO rejects Netanyahu statement about threat from Pakistan

Pakistan dispatches first consignment of relief assistance to Palestine
File photo.
File photo.

The Foreign Office has rejected Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s statement about the alleged danger being posed to Israel by Pakistan.

Addressing a weekly press briefing, FO spokesperson Mumtaz Zahra Baloch said that Pakistan is a peaceful country.

In response to a question, the spokesperson said that Pakistan had no intention of sending its military to Gaza.

She also said that Pakistan is concerned over the humanitarian crisis brewing in Gaza after Israel’s aggression and said that deliberate targets against civilian targets constitute war crimes and crimes against humanity.

The FO spokesperson reiterated calls for a ceasefire and facilitation of humanitarian corridors.

She announced that a chartered plane would leave with 100 tonnes of aid including medical supplies, tents and blankets on Thursday afternoon.

Baloch added that Pakistan had co-convened the extraordinary OIC meeting on Palestine where calls had been made for the implementation of the Two-State solution.

She also said that Prime Minister Anwaar-ul-Haq Kakar had raised the matter of ceasefire in Gaza with the UN secretary-general.

Hours after the press briefing, Pakistan dispatched the first consignment carrying relief assistance for the people of Palestine.

“The relief assistance, carrying 1,000 tents, 4,000 blankets, and three tons of medicines, will reach Palestine via Egypt,” according to a statement issued on Thursday.

For the latest news, follow us on Twitter @Aaj_Urdu. We are also on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.

foreign office

gaza strip

Mumtaz Zahra Baloch

Israeli air strikes

Hamas Israel attack 2023

Israel Hamas attack