Trump envoys meet Gaza mediators in Cairo as Israel strikes enclave
2 min readDonald Trump’s envoys met with Egyptian, Qatari and Turkish mediators in Cairo on Sunday, a diplomatic source said, aiming to advance the US president’s Gaza peace plan, even as Israel pressed on with air strikes in the enclave.
Hamas officials were present at some of the meetings that mediators held with Trump’s envoy and son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and Trump’s Board of Peace envoy for Gaza, Nickolay Mladenov, the diplomat said.
A senior Israeli official said Kushner and Mladenov were scheduled to meet on Monday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who on August 9 said Trump’s latest roadmap for Gaza peace was ‘unacceptable’.
Several injured in Gaza strikes
The official said Israel was concerned about Washington’s demand to end targeted assassinations of Hamas leaders in Gaza as the group rebuilds its forces.
Trump’s peace plan calls for the immediate cessation of military operations in Gaza.
It foresees Hamas disarming as Israeli troops withdraw from the enclave and as Gaza is rebuilt under a new civilian Palestinian administration.
Israel has resumed air strikes in the past few days after scaling back its attacks in the enclave earlier this month.
The Israeli military said on Sunday that its aircraft struck two activists in Khan Younis and Nuseirat.
At least five Palestinians were wounded in the strike, which hit a tent encampment, medics in the enclave said.
One of those wounded in the strike on Khan Younis in southern Gaza died from their wounds, medics at Nasser Hospital said later.
A separate air strike, which the Israeli military said targeted another Palestinian activist, hit an apartment in the Nuseirat camp in central Gaza, wounding several people, medics said.
Earlier, Hamas leader Khalil Al Hayya met with Egypt’s intelligence chief Hassan Rashad in Cairo.
Hazem Qassem, a Hamas spokesperson in Gaza, said Al Hayya would brief mediators on what he said were Israel’s ceasefire violations.
Hamas on Sunday called on mediators and the Board of Peace, which was set up as part of Trump’s peace plan, to compel Israel to meet its obligations of the plan’s first phase, end its violations of the ceasefire agreement, and approve the roadmap for the second phase of the plan, according to a statement from the group.
An October ceasefire halted major fighting in a devastating two-year war in Gaza, but it failed to end Israeli attacks entirely.
Israeli fire has killed more than 1,250 Palestinians in Gaza since October 2025.
Four Israeli soldiers were killed by militants in Gaza over the same period, according to Israeli figures.
For the latest news, follow us on Twitter @Aaj_Urdu. We are also on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.























