Aaj English TV

Friday, May 31, 2024  
22 Dhul-Qadah 1445  

Investigation reveals Farya had carried out transactions before death

The post-mortem did not determine cause of death
File photo
File photo

During the initial investigation into the incident where the body of a 16-year-old domestic worker was discovered in a residence on Bokhari Street in Karachi, it has been revealed that the worker, Farya, was engaged in a phone conversation before her apparent suicide.

News outlets have obtained images prior to the worker’s death, which depict Farya in a state of distress.

According to the police, Farya was speaking to a person named Ghulam Rasool on the other end of the line. Ghulam Rasool had allegedly instructed her to send money to his mother.

The police stated that Ghulam Rasool claimed that Farya had sent cash twice through mobile transactions. Farya had claimed that the number belonged to her mother and that she had sent Rs2,000 initially, followed by Rs5,000 during Ramadan.

Gang using fake IDs to lure and blackmail boys arrested in Okara

Son of Karachi cop killed friend over girlfriend’s burger, investigation finds

Karachi man caught while allegedly disposing of wife’s body

However, upon investigation, it was discovered that the number did not belong to her mother but was registered under a different name. Further details regarding the incident are being investigated, and the post-mortem report will shed more light on the situation.

On the other hand, the post-mortem of the 16-year-old Farya has been completed; however, the cause of death could not be determined during the initial post-mortem. Consequently, the body has been handed over to the relatives.

Yesterday, the body of the worker was found hanging from a fan, although the fan blades were intact. However, there is a mark on the girl’s neck, and the employers had reported it as a case of suicide.

For the latest news, follow us on Twitter @Aaj_Urdu. We are also on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.