Aaj English TV

Saturday, April 20, 2024  
09 Shawwal 1445  

Balochistan suspected female bomber to get legal aid

Home Minister Zia Langove asks militant organisations to not use women

QUETTA: A suspected female suicide bomber, who was arrested by the Counter Terrorism Department two days ago during an anti-terrorist operation in Quetta, would get all the legal aid, the Balochistan government said on Sunday.

“Suspected female suicide bomber will be presented in front of the court where she shall prove her innocence. Everyone will be brought to justice,” Balochistan government Home Minister Zia Langau in a video message.

But, he stressed that action would be taken against whoever committed the suicide bombing.

The CTD had claimed that the suspect, identified as Mahbal, belonged to the banned Balochistan Liberation Front (BLF), which has claimed responsibility for attacks in the past. A suicide bombing jacket was recovered that weighed 4kg to 5kg from her possession during the operation near Ladies Park Block 4 of the provincial capital.

The investigation also revealed that Mahbal’s husband Bebagar Baloch alias Nadeem belonged to the military wing of the BLF. He was killed in a counter terrorism operation.

Home MinisterLangau added that it was the responsibility of the government and state institutions to provide peace and security to the people of Balochistan.

“There had been a lot of threats for a few days, including reports of suicide bombers,” he said and claimed that such tip-offs also had details about female suicide bombers.

The minister claimed that many people had followed 30-year-old Shari Baloch alias Bramish, a female suicide bomber behind the Karachi University blast last year. Three Chinese among four were killed in the attack.

He went on to add that everyone has to together raise their voice against those who spread terrorism in the country. “The people of Balochistan should prevent their mothers and sisters from being used in alleged actions against Pakistan like Shari Baloch.”

The attack on the Chinese nationals was carried out using the rights of Baloch as an “excuse”, Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari said in a press conference one month after the attack. He was accompanied by Foreign Secretary Sohail Mahmood and Chinese Charge d’ Affairs to Pakistan Pang Chunxue at the presser.

“We will not rest until we have arrested the perpetrators of the [Karachi university] attack,” he had said.

Last year, Pakistan claimed that it arrested one of the main suspects in the varsity blast.

“We have received the main lede received. Further leads will be shared with you [media] in future,” Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Memon told reproters on July 5, 2022 in Karachi. “I want to say that no one is above the state.”

He had refrained from taking the name of the foreign country, saying that “it was not appropriate now to name it”.

For the latest news, follow us on Twitter @Aaj_Urdu. We are also on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.

CTD

suicide blast

suicide bomber

Comments are closed on this story.

Comments

Taboola

Taboola ads will show in this div