Aaj English TV

Saturday, April 20, 2024  
09 Shawwal 1445  

Special cells set up across Balochistan on missing persons

Complaints received will be sent to federal and provincial interior ministries
Heirs of missing persons sitting in a protest camp outside Quetta’s press club. File photo
Heirs of missing persons sitting in a protest camp outside Quetta’s press club. File photo

Balochistan National Party (BNP) chief and convener inquiry commission for missing persons Sardar Akhter Jan Mengal said Monday that complaint cells had been set up across Balochistan on the instructions of the commission constituted by the Islamabad High Court on the issue of missing persons.

“The complaints of the missing persons should be submitted to the complaint cell working under the supervision of the divisional commissioners,” The BNP leader said addressing a public gathering in Quetta. He said that complaints would be sent to the federal and provincial interior ministries.

Sardar Mengal said that missing persons had never been on the agenda of parliamentary, political, and religious parties.

“The number of Nawabs [dukes] has increased in Balochistan, but no Sardar has ever bothered to meet the affected families because their children do not disappear,” he said, adding that the enforced disappearances are a serious issue.

He said that the family members of the missing persons sitting in camps for several years to mount pressure on the rulers to ensure the recovery of their relatives.

For the latest news, follow us on Twitter @Aaj_Urdu. We are also on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.

Balochistan

missing person

sardar akhter mengal

Comments are closed on this story.

Comments

Taboola

Taboola ads will show in this div