Aaj English TV

Thursday, April 03, 2025  
04 Shawwal 1446  

Iran readies missile arsenal after Trump’s threat

Iran rejects any direct negotiations with US
Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi speaks during the joining ceremony of ballistic missiles to the Armed Forces, in Tehran, Iran, August 22, 2023. Reuters
Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi speaks during the joining ceremony of ballistic missiles to the Armed Forces, in Tehran, Iran, August 22, 2023. Reuters

Iran has dismissed Donald Trump’s threat of military action and is reportedly readying its underground missile arsenal to target “US-related positions” if needed, according to state-controlled media outlet Tehran Times.

On Sunday, the US President indicated that bombing Iran could be considered if Tehran does not agree to a nuclear deal.

In response to this threat, Iran has placed its missiles in a ready-to-launch status within underground facilities designed to endure airstrikes.

Trump, in an interview with NBC news, said, “If they don’t make a deal, there will be a bombing. It will be bombing the likes of which they have never seen before.” He further warned that he would slap Iran with “secondary tariffs.”

As calls in Washington for dismantling Iran’s nuclear program intensified, Iran has rejected any direct negotiations with the US but remains open to indirect discussions.

In a measured televised address, Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian stated, “We don’t avoid talks; it’s the breach of promises that has caused issues for us so far,” and emphasized that the US must demonstrate its ability to build trust.

Following Iran’s response, Washington reiterated that the Trump administration’s stance is firm: it cannot permit Iran to advance its nuclear program or obtain a nuclear weapon.

Echoing Trump’s earlier comments, the US State Department warned of “bad” consequences for Iran if it refuses to accept the proposed deal.

Speaking to reporters on a flight from Florida to Washington on Sunday evening, Trump expressed his desire for Iran to engage in negotiations, adding that failure to do so would lead to a “bad situation.”

In response to escalating threats from the US, Iran has released a video showcasing its underground missile facility, referred to as “missile city” by the Revolutionary Guards (IRGC). The 85-second clip highlights Iran’s advanced weaponry and features troops stepping on an Israeli flag painted on the ground.

Additionally, an article published last week by Press TV, Iran’s state-owned media, identified various US bases in the Middle East as potential targets in the event of an attack.

Read more

The 4 ways Israel can retaliate against Iran

Trump administration ends Iraq’s waiver to buy Iranian electricity

Iran says would consider limited nuclear talks with US

For the latest news, follow us on Twitter @Aaj_Urdu. We are also on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.

Iran

US

Interview

Missiles