<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss xmlns:media="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/" xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/" version="2.0">
  <channel>
    <title>Aaj TV English News - World</title>
    <link>https://english.aaj.tv/</link>
    <description>Aaj TV English</description>
    <language>en-Us</language>
    <copyright>Copyright 2026</copyright>
    <pubDate>Sun, 24 May 2026 14:45:05 +0500</pubDate>
    <lastBuildDate>Sun, 24 May 2026 14:45:05 +0500</lastBuildDate>
    <ttl>60</ttl>
    <item xmlns:default="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
      <title>Rescue launched after two trapped as Philippines building collapses</title>
      <link>https://english.aaj.tv/news/330459456/rescue-launched-after-two-trapped-as-philippines-building-collapses</link>
      <description>&lt;p&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Two people feared trapped after a building collapse in the Philippines were alive and communicating with rescuers on Sunday, an official said, ​as rescue efforts continued.&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;“They are in constant communication. We are awaiting ​more details, but our rescuers are doing their best to ⁠pull the survivors out of the rubble,” Jay Pelayo, information officer ​of Angeles City, north of the capital Manila, told Reuters.&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;The number rescued in the ​collapse of the nine-storey building under construction, including those in the vicinity, has risen to 24, with no deaths reported, Pelayo said in a phone interview.&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;Among the ​rescued was a 51-year-old Malaysian national who was staying in a ​nearby budget hotel, which was damaged when the concrete structure collapsed.&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;It was unclear how many ‌were ⁠still feared trapped, with a site engineer saying 19 people had been working at the site, Pelayo said. “We are trying to determine whether all 19 were there.”&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;He had told DZBB radio that 30 to 40 ​people were feared ​trapped, based on ⁠information from a site foreman who was among those who escaped.&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;It was not immediately clear what caused the ​collapse, but the city engineer was reviewing the construction ​history, Pelayo ⁠said, adding that moving the concrete debris was a challenge for rescuers.&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;Images shared by DZBB showed the building reduced to a heap of concrete ⁠and twisted ​metal, covered in green netting. Ambulances were ​on standby, and heavy equipment was on its way to assist in the rescue, Pelayo said.&lt;/p&gt;
</description>
      <content:encoded xmlns="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"><![CDATA[<p><strong>Two people feared trapped after a building collapse in the Philippines were alive and communicating with rescuers on Sunday, an official said, ​as rescue efforts continued.</strong></p>
<p>“They are in constant communication. We are awaiting ​more details, but our rescuers are doing their best to ⁠pull the survivors out of the rubble,” Jay Pelayo, information officer ​of Angeles City, north of the capital Manila, told Reuters.</p>
<p>The number rescued in the ​collapse of the nine-storey building under construction, including those in the vicinity, has risen to 24, with no deaths reported, Pelayo said in a phone interview.</p>
<p>Among the ​rescued was a 51-year-old Malaysian national who was staying in a ​nearby budget hotel, which was damaged when the concrete structure collapsed.</p>
<p>It was unclear how many ‌were ⁠still feared trapped, with a site engineer saying 19 people had been working at the site, Pelayo said. “We are trying to determine whether all 19 were there.”</p>
<p>He had told DZBB radio that 30 to 40 ​people were feared ​trapped, based on ⁠information from a site foreman who was among those who escaped.</p>
<p>It was not immediately clear what caused the ​collapse, but the city engineer was reviewing the construction ​history, Pelayo ⁠said, adding that moving the concrete debris was a challenge for rescuers.</p>
<p>Images shared by DZBB showed the building reduced to a heap of concrete ⁠and twisted ​metal, covered in green netting. Ambulances were ​on standby, and heavy equipment was on its way to assist in the rescue, Pelayo said.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
      <category>World</category>
      <guid>https://english.aaj.tv/news/330459456</guid>
      <pubDate>Sun, 24 May 2026 13:01:01 +0500</pubDate>
      <author>none@none.com (Reuters)</author>
      <media:content url="https://i.aaj.tv/large/2026/05/241254240739dc8.webp" type="image/webp" medium="image" height="480" width="800">
        <media:thumbnail url="https://i.aaj.tv/thumbnail/2026/05/241254240739dc8.webp"/>
        <media:title>Rescue workers search for survivors among debris as an under construction nine-storey building collapsed in Balibago, Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines, on Sunday. --- Reuters</media:title>
      </media:content>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
