<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss xmlns:media="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/" xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/" version="2.0">
  <channel>
    <title>Aaj TV English News - World</title>
    <link>https://english.aaj.tv/</link>
    <description>Aaj TV English</description>
    <language>en-Us</language>
    <copyright>Copyright 2026</copyright>
    <pubDate>Fri, 22 May 2026 12:05:16 +0500</pubDate>
    <lastBuildDate>Fri, 22 May 2026 12:05:16 +0500</lastBuildDate>
    <ttl>60</ttl>
    <item xmlns:default="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
      <title>Building collapse kills at least 9 people in Morocco's Fez</title>
      <link>https://english.aaj.tv/news/330459365/building-collapse-kills-at-least-9-people-in-moroccos-fez</link>
      <description>&lt;p&gt;&lt;strong&gt;At least nine people were killed and others ​injured when a four-storey building collapsed ‌overnight in the Moroccan city of Fez, the city’s prosecutor said on Thursday.&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;Residents of adjacent buildings in the ​densely populated neighbourhood were asked to evacuate ​as a precaution against potential further collapses, ⁠while a search for potential survivors ​was still underway.&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;By midday, six people had ​been rescued from the rubble of the building, which was built in the 1980s, Al Oula state ​television reported.&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;“The collapse created a wave ​of fear,” a neighbour told the channel.&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;Fez, a former ‌capital ⁠dating back to the eighth century and the country’s third-most-populous city, has seen similar incidents in recent months, including one in ​December when two buildings ​collapsed, ⁠killing at least 22 people.&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;In 2010, the collapse of a minaret ​in the historic northern city of ​Meknes ⁠killed 41 people.&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;Adib Ben Ibrahim, housing secretary of state, said last year that approximately ⁠38,800 buildings ​across the country had ​been classified as being at risk of collapse.&lt;/p&gt;
</description>
      <content:encoded xmlns="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"><![CDATA[<p><strong>At least nine people were killed and others ​injured when a four-storey building collapsed ‌overnight in the Moroccan city of Fez, the city’s prosecutor said on Thursday.</strong><br></p>
<p>Residents of adjacent buildings in the ​densely populated neighbourhood were asked to evacuate ​as a precaution against potential further collapses, ⁠while a search for potential survivors ​was still underway.</p>
<p>By midday, six people had ​been rescued from the rubble of the building, which was built in the 1980s, Al Oula state ​television reported.</p>
<p>“The collapse created a wave ​of fear,” a neighbour told the channel.</p>
<p>Fez, a former ‌capital ⁠dating back to the eighth century and the country’s third-most-populous city, has seen similar incidents in recent months, including one in ​December when two buildings ​collapsed, ⁠killing at least 22 people.</p>
<p>In 2010, the collapse of a minaret ​in the historic northern city of ​Meknes ⁠killed 41 people.</p>
<p>Adib Ben Ibrahim, housing secretary of state, said last year that approximately ⁠38,800 buildings ​across the country had ​been classified as being at risk of collapse.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
      <category>World</category>
      <guid>https://english.aaj.tv/news/330459365</guid>
      <pubDate>Fri, 22 May 2026 10:37:10 +0500</pubDate>
      <author>none@none.com (Reuters)</author>
      <media:content url="https://i.aaj.tv/large/2026/05/221035547bbbe18.webp" type="image/webp" medium="image" height="480" width="800">
        <media:thumbnail url="https://i.aaj.tv/thumbnail/2026/05/221035547bbbe18.webp"/>
        <media:title>Image courtesy of social media</media:title>
      </media:content>
    </item>
  </channel>
</rss>
